1. Shipment mostly arranged by Air / Sea, Sea freight is cheaper than Air freight
2. Due to the high demand, Africa will become the main Market for Chinese goods.
3. Some parts of West Africa need to apply for ECTN
What is ECTN
An ECTN, or Electronic Cargo Tracking Note, is a digital document filled in by a forwarder. The forwarder’s country of registration will specify which agent will be of assistance.
Customs in below African countries implement mandatory ECTN supervision, otherwise fines and delays in customs clearance will be borne by the shipper
▪ GUINEA-BISSAU (BISSAU)
▪ GUINEA (CONAKRY)
▪ C-AFRICAN REQUBLIC (BANGUI)
▪ CHAD (N’DJAMENA)
▪ DAKAR (SENEGAL)
▪ TOGO (LOME)
▪ EQUATORIAL GUINEA
▪ SOUTH SUDAN
ECTN is the English abbreviation ELECTRONIC CARGO TRACKING NOTE
BESC is the French abbreviation BORDEREAUX ELECTRONIQUE DE SUIVI DES CARGAISONS
Chinese translation of electronic cargo tracking slip or electronic cargo tracking number are same as the ECTN / BESC
Customers export goods designated African countries must attach importance to this provision, ECTN, BESC and other numbers must show on Bill of lading & manifest, obtain relevant certificates that have been signed and provide the remaining customs clearance documents to the receiver for the purpose use at the port. After the goods arrive at the port, if the relevant certificates are not signed, the goods will not be cleared normally, and they face the risk of high fines and even return shipments.
ECTN / BESC original file is an electronic version in PDF format. There is no paper certificate.
Application requested document :
► Application form
► Copy of Freight Invoice / Commercial Invoice
(Please make sure the freight charge mentioned on the commercial invoice.)
► Copy of Export Custom Declaration
► Copy of Bill of Lading
Application process :
1. Customer provide Application form, Commercial Invoice, Export Custom Declaration and Bill of lading draft / original Bill of lading to us
2. Designated certification company will issue invoice and ECTN draft to customer.
3. Customer received invoice and need to settle payment. The bank slip copy provide to designated certification company. At the same time the customer need to confirm ECTN draft.
4. Designated certification company confirm received payment and the customer confirmed ECTN draft, Designated certification company will issue ECTN number and provide to customer. Remind to customer to confirm ECTN within 4 days.
5. After receiving the ECTN number, the customer can provided S/I to carrier.
6. When customer received original Bill of lading and will provide original Bill of lading copy to us.
7. Designated certification company will validate to ECTN and provide original ECTN to customer.